Phillip Carrero is a level 3 AA and ATFCA accredited pole vault coach.
He started pole vaulting at age 14 until now and holds two age Australian Records for the 55 and 60 age groups.
- We need to pass on to others what we know best:
- Partly because of my teacher's background. Partly because Pole Vault and Portrait Painting are my true call in life. Partly because I'm not very good at anything else unless it is related to Pole Vault and Painting.
- A call worth passing on has to build whole individuals, physically, mentally and spiritually. "Mens sana in corpore sano", It translates as "A healthy mind in a healthy body." Over time, the phrase has come to mean that only a healthy body can produce or sustain a healthy mind. This was as true in the Victorian Era as it is today.
- Pole Vault will always burn with passion within a Pole Vaulter through his/her entire life.
- Pole Vault is an amazing event. Live it and Love it!
- Pole Vault is a wonderful, transferable concept to pass on to others so that them, and the event, will have a future.
- Pole Vault is a life-time learning experience and everyone that aims to excel at it should be given the opportunity.
My philosophy aims to do just that, wether the athlete is at the beginning, at the middle or at the top... of The Pole VaultExperience.